Sunday, August 17, 2008

Routine

I like it. I like it a lot.

I get up each morning, turn on the coffee pot that I've set up the night before and flick the switch on the electric kettle to heat water to pour into my carafe to heat it so it'll keep my coffee warmer longer. I then go potty and on the way back to the kitchen flip my laptop on. Back into the kitchen to fill the carafe to heat while the coffee finishes dripping. Back out to the living room now to do my routine online things. Chat with my friend Silverback, read the WW posts, read my email, any other little odds and ends I might want to do. I drink my coffee, oh yes, by now I've filled my carafe and have it next to me where I pour each of the 4 cups I drink each morning out fresh and hot. This is my daily routine. Every day. I don't like it when it's interrupted. Today it is.

I forgot to mention I enjoy quiet in the morning. My ears are very sensitive when I get up for some reason. Very soft sounds seem amplified several times. I don't like to talk, I don't like to hear the TV. I like, as my old friends Simon & Garfunkel sing about, 'the sounds of silence'.

Today Den's mom and 3 of her sisters are here. One of them dared to get up during my quiet time and wishes to natter away at me. She wishes to interrupt my routine. She does not understand my rules. Sighhhh I guess I better go be hospitable.

I don't like it though. I don't like it at all.

No comments: