Monday, June 16, 2008

Working girl

I start my new job tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.

I guess I shouldn't say new as I don't have a current, or old job. I shall change that to "I'm going to work tomorrow." It's been quite a long time since I've been in the work force. Oh wait, unless you count that two weeks I worked with Den last year at the nursing home as his kitchen bitch. I pretty much don't count that. I try not to remember it in fact. I'm going to work tomorrow at our local pizza place, Buccilli's. Den is a prep cook there and I'll be the salad lady. A real family affair.

I owned and operated a day care for years and that's pretty much the last income earning thing I did. I was my own boss then so it's been a REALLY long time since I had to do what someone else told me to do. It should be interesting to say the least.

I've thought of getting jobs over the last few years but something always got in the way. My friend was here for the summer so I didn't want to work and leave him home alone. It might have interfered with my morning coffee ritual. I might not have gotten to do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. I've always had uneasy thoughts when I thought of getting a job. Not this time. I'm at peace with the decision. We need money, I can help. Quite a no brainer really. I have no qualms about going into work tomorrow at all. I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm thinking it's because I know it's only for 4 months. I can do anything for 4 months. We leave for the promised land then and this will help us get there.

2 comments:

Carlos said...

hey have a great first day!

Daphne said...

Hope it goes well and that you enjoy it!