Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pixie ponders cookies

A good thing to ponder in my book.

Newtons to be exact. I despise figs. All those gritty little seeds. Nabisco finally got a clue and invented raspberry Newtons. Yum.

Problem. Oh hell yes, there's always a problem. They've made this awesome opening in their cookie package. The top peels back to expose the lovely little cakey goodness beneath. It reseals too. Brill.

So? What's wrong with it? Well, look here.


The only way to get the first few cookies out is to reach into the tightly packed row and scrunch one out. It gets mangled. Design flaw? Oh yes I do believe! Same thing with the Oreo's.

This package has pissed me off since it's invention. Someone needs to go back to the drawing board. They've spent the time, the effort, the money to invent this and I still need to use scissors and Tupperware!

:-)

3 comments:

Kate said...

I just know there's a biscuit (that's what we call cookies over here) that does the same....but I can't for the life of me think what it is.

Write to them and do a link back to your post. You never know, they might send you a free packet.

The Crazy Woman Inside Me said...

I've noticed the same thing, Debby. Of course, whenever I open one of those packages and the cookies get all smashed & mangled, I find myself forced to eat the whole damn package in an attempt to even things out. LOL That's why I need to stay away from cookie packages entirely. ;-)

And I actually like Fig Newtons...I don't think I've ever met a cookie I didn't like. :D

RescuingLisa said...

I've recently discovered those too - they are yummy. To bad they are crammed in there like sardines!