Saturday, July 30, 2011

Baby souls

I get daily emails from TUT. I highly recommend them.

You never know what the universe will say to me. Some days it's drivel, and some days it's so deep it takes pondering.

I got this one last week and it just resonated with me.


Baby souls follow.

Young souls lead.

But old souls, Debby, are happy to dance alone.

Debby, your wisdom is showing.

Not that I'm spying on you,
The Universe


When I was young, I didn't want to rock the boat. I wanted to go with the crowd. Don't want to stick out...you know??? That was a good stage in my life.

As I got a bit older, college and when my kids were young, I was the leader. I worked on raising my kids, running my home, finding my beliefs and sticking up for them. I wanted people in my group. If I believed in something, I sought out other believers. If I had a cause, I wanted to share it. That was a good stage in my life.

Now that I'm older, and no, I'm not saying I'm older than dirt, over the hill, or any other cliche drivel, I'm merely saying I'm older. Now that I'm older, I am comfortable in my skin.

I'm content to believe strongly in something without the need to seek out other believers. I don't care if you believe what I do. I don't feel the need to stand up for my beliefs or values. I just have them. I don't care if yours don't agree with mine.

If you ask me how I feel about something, where I stand, I will tell you. Without worrying if that's what you feel or think.

I'm past the age of game playing. If that's your bag, you'll have to play without me. I'm fine with that. If I have to cut you loose, I just do. Life is too short to put up with shit.

Negativity? I used to try to cheer you up, change you. Now, it's easier to avoid you. Sorry, you just don't fit in my world and I don't feel the need to change my world to accommodate you. I like to be happy and that's what I wish to surround myself with.

Hypocrite? Puhleez. I'm so over you.

When menopause first hit, and these changes started happening, I didn't like it much. It's getting better. I'm happy with who I am. A few friends say they want the old Debby back. Well, the old Debby gave in a lot. She pushed down her feelings to give way to yours. She wasn't real. Do you really want a fake me? I know I don't.

I'm happy with who I am.

This is a good stage of my life.

Peace be the journey

:-)

3 comments:

Its me! said...

You are my hero! :)

CJ said...

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy this stage of your life. I find myself following in those footsteps...Not sure I am as far into the journey as you are, but I am getting there and so understand what you are saying! I have always been afraid of my own shadow, let everyone run all over me, just tried to keep the peace, and about 10 years ago, that began to change.....so I am hoping to be where you are sooner than later and just want to say thanks for sharing. You are my hero too!!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree - when I got to 50 I decided, 'That's it. I'm not taking any more c**p from anyone. It's my life. I've got less of it left than I had before... so it's getting too late to waste it doing/saying things to please others.' Thank goodness I didn't wait another 10 years to reach that decision.
'Go for it' I say, 'Pixie. It's later than you think'.
Lucy