Monday, July 20, 2009

You can take the girl out of the trailer...

We're camping.

For those of you that don't know me, or know what our rig is like, let me fill you in. We have a pretty new 35 foot 5th wheel with 3 sliders. It's awesome! I found a picture from the day we got it a few years ago. See below. So, right now, I'm sitting in my recliner with my feet up typing this blog. Ya...it sucks to be me.



Earlier tonight, we'd arrived back at our meager abode after a day of work. Our campground is fabulous. It's got a lovely swimming pool and jacuzzi. The swimming pool has a sculpture of 4 dolphins with water shooting out of their mouths. You can swim through their spit. How cool is that? We've got full hook up here. Water, 50 amp electric, sewer, cable TV, Wi-Fi...the whole shebang.

As I said we worked today and then drove back here. I thought a lovely pre-dinner snack of a wholegrain french baguette with fresh, creamy butter, assorted cheeses, chilled to perfection white wine, and some cold, crisp, grapes would be lovely. How sophisticated right?

So, I didn't have any wine glasses here, in fact, we planned this trip in such a hurry, I failed to notice we didn't have ANY glasses on board. Classy chick that I am, I didn't slug the wine out of the bottle. Oh no no no.

I drank my wine out of a Tupperware 2 cup measuring cup. Finished the whole bottle too by golly!

I had my cheese on a Styrofoam plate.

I had no bread knife so I just tore hunks off the loaf.

Cheese? Slap it on the foam plate next to the bread and call it good.

Napkins? Nah, that's what God made a tongue for.

You can take the girl out of the trailer...but ya just can't take the trailer out of the girl!

Life is so freakin good right now!

:-)

3 comments:

Milo said...

"You can take the girl out of the trailer...but ya just can't take the trailer out of the girl!"

LOL! Put a smile on my face! hehe.

I would love to travel around America in a trailer or camper van or something.

Rosanna said...

I just loved this post... you always put a smile on my face with your thoughts and sarcasim!!!

Brightcetera said...

you made me giggle with this one.
something i would totally do.

boy, you're living the dream ...
i keep looking at conversion camping vans so i can vagabond my way around North America.
I'd love to do what you're doing.
3 more years to retirement for me ... hopefully then.

I just noticed in your comment on fatdaddy's blog that you used to weigh 368 ... Wow Debby! what an inspiration to know you came this far.
You really had a hard road ahead of you taking that on.
You've got guts, girl!
Kudos!
Happy Trails!